The Union Government periodically introduces new initiatives for the benefit of Indian citizens. The Union Government’s initiatives aimed at giving benefits to individuals are called the Union Government Schemes for Individuals in India.
They are launched with the intention of enhancing people’s livelihoods and ensuring their security in order to live a better life.
Each program is designed to improve the individual in a specific area of their lives. Certain schemes are designed to give financial security, while others are designed to deliver socio-economic benefits.
The rural poor, urban poor, low-income families, economically underdeveloped parts, and weaker elements of society are the beneficiaries of the majority of individual initiatives.
The list of Union Government Schemes for Indian citizens is as follows;
According to a National Sample Survey Exercise, approximately 5% of India’s overall population sleeps without two square meals per day.
The Public Distribution System (PDS) was later renamed the Targeted Public Distribution System (TDPS) and was tasked with the responsibility of supplying food and grains to the poor.
The Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) was introduced in December 2000 to make the TPDS more beneficial and targeted at the correct segment of the population. AAY is a government initiative that was created to supply heavily subsidized food to one crore of India’s poorest families.
How to Apply:
In rural regions, qualified recipients must apply for AAY at their local Gram Sabha/Panchayath.
In urban regions, candidates must submit their applications in person to the Urban Development Department/Municipal Corporation.
Select families will get an “Antodaya Ration Card,” also known as a “PDS Card” or “PDS Yellow Card,” as part of the PM AAY Scheme.
The following are the online procedures for applying for a new AAY ration card under the NFSA:
- Visit the Antyodaya Anna Yojana’s official website at https://nfsa.gov.in/
- On the home page, click the “apply for new ration card” option.
- After that, a page titled “State / UT food portals” will display on your screen.
- Now, select your chosen state and complete the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana application form with all the required information.
- To complete the submission, click the submit option.
APY is a pension system primarily for unorganized sector workers, such as maids, gardeners, and delivery boys.
This scheme took the place of the Swavalamban Yojana, which was not well received by the public. The scheme’s objective is to instill a sense of security in Indian citizens by assuring that they are not concerned about illness, accidents, or diseases throughout their retirement years.
Private sector employees and those employed by a company that does not offer pension benefits are also eligible to join the program.
Individuals over the age of 60 can choose for a fixed pension of Rs 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, or 5000.
Pensions will be calculated based on an individual’s age and amount of contribution. Upon the death of the applicant, his or her spouse may be entitled to receive the pension, but the applicant keeps the pension fund’s accumulated corpus.
The spouse of a contributor who dies before reaching the age of 60 has the choice of terminating the plan, collecting the corpus, or continuing the plan for the remainder of the time period specified in the agreement.
Additionally, the government will contribute 50% of the entire payment or Rs. 1000 per year, to all qualified subscribers who joined between June and December 2015 for a five-year period, i.e., 2015-16 to 2019-20.
To be eligible for the Government’s co-contribution, subscribers must not be members of any other statutory social security plan (for example, an employee’s provident fund) or pay income taxes.
How to Apply
The plan is accessible at all nationalized banks. Any of these organizations may create an APY account for you.
- Applications for the Atal Pension Yojana are available online and at partner banks. The form may be downloaded from the official website.
You can open an Atal Pension Yojana (APY) account in one of the following ways:
- You may obtain the form from any participating bank’s branch office in your area.
- You can download and print the form from the official websites of participating banks if they offer this service.
- You may obtain the APY account registration form from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority’s (PFRDA) official website
- The applications are available in the following languages: English, Hindi, Bangla, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Complete the bank application form and submit it.
- Please supply a genuine cell phone number if you have not already done so.
- Submit an application along with a scanned copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation message.
In recent years, a number of government-sponsored health schemes have been introduced to ensure that healthcare services are affordable to all classes of people.
Additionally, the government launched the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme.
Ayushman Bharat is a national health insurance scheme that covers all citizens. Every year, it provides beneficiaries with insurance coverage of up to Rs.5 lakh on a family floater basis for primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare.
Previously known as AB-NHPS, the scheme is a subsidiary of the existing National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS).
Currently known as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, it was formerly known as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
The government intends to implement this program via national insurance companies. The scheme will replace both the existing senior citizen health insurance program and the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
How to apply
If you intend to take advantage of the benefits of this program, the first step is to determine your eligibility. Beneficiaries are determined to be eligible based on 2011 State-Economic-Caste-Census data.
The following are some methods for determining your eligibility for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana:
- Make an appointment with an EHCP (Empanelled Health Care Provider) hospital in your area. Inquire at the registration desk if you are eligible.
- To determine your eligibility, visit any PM-JAY kiosk. Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the relevant information to determine if you are a beneficiary.
- To determine your eligibility, contact the helpdesk at 1800-111-565 or 14555.
- Utilize the website “gov.in” and click on the “Am I eligible?” link.
- Provide your mobile phone number, enter the captcha code, and generate an OTP.
- Select your state.
- Enter your cellphone number, ration card number, or HHD number to check if your name is on the beneficiary list.
- Once you’ve entered the needed information, you’ll receive a response indicating whether you’re qualified for PM-JAY or not.
Documents Required Applying For Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme:
- Identity and Age Proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
- Details of your mobile number, email address, and residential address.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Documents stating your current family status.
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) is a government initiative that aims to elevate urban and rural disadvantaged people via skill development and increased possibilities for sustainable livelihoods.
One of the aims of ‘Make in India’ is skill development, which contributes to the country’s socio-economic growth.
This initiative contributes to the ‘Make in India’ aim. The Indian government has committed Rs.500 crore to this project.
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) is the result of the merger of two government programs, namely the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM) and the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) (NRLM).
NULM was established by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation. NRLM was started in June 2011 by the Ministry of Rural Development.
DAY’s mission is to empower the urban and rural disadvantaged by offering skill development and enhancing their prospects for sustainable livelihoods.
This program incorporates the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), which was established to alleviate poverty and vulnerability among urban poor households.
The National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) offers rural poor households with effective and efficient institutional frameworks for improving their household income through sustainable livelihood possibilities.
How to apply – NULM
Deendayal Antyoday Yojana – National Urban Livelihood Mission online application registration process is as follows;
- Visit the DAY NULM official website | https://nulm.gov.in/
- In the menu bar on the same page, click the Citizen option.
- Enter on the newly opened page the Aadhaar Number and Name as per Aadhar.
- Press the Send button and click on a checkbox.
- Enter the Mobile number to create an OTP to the mobile number registered.
- Enter the OTP for verification in the corresponding field.
- Click on the Terms and Conditions Checkbox & click the Submit button.
- Select State and ULB. Select State/District.
- Enter or select Salutation, Name, Urban Poor/BPL, IS PWD, and Distance between dwelling and TC to indicate whether he is a member of the minority.
- Enter/Select Gender, Dad/Mother/Guardian, S/O, Birthday, Category, Aadhar Number, Id type.
- Enter / Select Type of ID, Area / Place, Mobile, Permanent and Present.
- Check all details and click on the checkbox declaration.
- Save and SMS click.
- Complete any further data requested and save your registration information for future reference.
ESTP (Employment through Skill Training and Placement) Application Registration Procedure
The registration method for the ESTP is detailed below:
- Visit the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of the Government of India’s home website | https://nulm.gov.in/
- From the main menu, click Citizen App, and then ESTP Application registration.
- The page will reroute to a new page where you may enter your cellphone number and click generate OTP.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the cellphone number entered; enter the OTP in the area provided. By selecting the submit option, the ESTP application form will be shown.
- Complete the application form completely and click the submit button to get it confirmed.
How to apply – NRLM
Deendayal Antyoday Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission online application registration process is as follows;
- Visit the Official Website of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana| gov.in
- On the Homepage, Click on the Option “login” link.
- On this page you will see the login form; you will see the option of Register under this login form.
- The registration Form page will be displayed on the screen.
- Now enter the required details (Mention all the details such as name, username, email address, password, Contact Number, Secure Code, etc.) and upload documents.
- After filling in all the information, you have to click on Create New Account.
- After this, you can now apply for the job in this login and apply for the incentives given under the Aajeevika Grameen Express scheme.
Documents Required Applying;
- Aadhar Card
- Identification card
- residence certificate
- Voter ID Card
- mobile number
- Passport size photo
On 25 September 2014, the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) announced the launch of DDU-GKY. This program is a component of the National Rural Livelihood Mission scheme.
Its goal is to respond to rural young professional aspirations and diversify the earnings of rural impoverished households.
This program intends to develop the abilities of rural adolescents in order to place them in higher-wage areas of the economy.
Over 69 percent of the country’s young population, or 180 million people between the ages of 18 and 34, live in rural areas.
Out of these, around 55 million are bottom-of-the-pyramid youth from impoverished households with zero or little work.
This program is primarily targeted at rural youngsters between the ages of 15 and 35 who come from impoverished homes.
DDU-GKY is a placement-based Skill Training Initiative that operates through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
This program invests in initiatives presented by its training partners, offers technical assistance, and delivers high-quality skill training to rural children in poverty.
Through seminars and conferences, DDUGKY engages with industry leaders. Industries are asked to collaborate with DDU-GKY as a Project Implementing Agency (PIA) and/or to own a training batch for the purpose of imparting long-term training for improved placement outcomes.
How to apply
You are eligible to apply for DDU GKY if you meet the conditions specified below.
Rural children from underprivileged families between the ages of 15 and 35.
While DDU-GKY strives to identify worthy candidates through Participatory Identification of the Poor (PIP), any of the following will ensure eligibility for DDU-GKY-sponsored skill training programs:
- Ownership of/ inclusion in BPL Cards
- Ownership of/ inclusion in BPL PDS Cards (also called Antyodaya Anna Yojana in some states)
- Ownership of/ inclusion in RSBY Card (RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana)
- Family members of SHG members of a registered SHG in the village
- Family members of paid workers under the MGNREGS with a minimum of 15 days of work in the last 12 months
If you are eligible, you may contact DDU – GKY via the following methods:
- Enroll with your Gram Panchayat or Gram Rozgar Sewak, who will refer you to a nearby Training Center or mobilization staff who will meet with you and offer you counseling and guidance.
- Locate a nearby training facility and make direct contact with them (https://kaushalpanjee.nic.in)
- Click on “Apply Now” and register yourself on the Kaushal Panjee portal under “Candidate Registration” for the trade you wish to learn | https://kaushalpanjee.nic.in
You would be required to furnish any of the following documents like your identity proof:
- Birth Certificate
- BPL Card of self or your household (where your name is also mentioned)
- MGNREGA worker card of any member of your household, with a minimum of 15 days of completed work in the last 12 months
- RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana (RSBY) card of your household
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) card of your household
- BPL PDS card of your household
- NRLM-Self Help Group identification or certificate for any member of your household
Apart from the aforementioned, the reserved category must provide one of the following proofs:
- Certificate of SC/ST status issued by an authorized authority
- A certificate of disability issued by a competent authority
- Self-certification of the candidate’s identity as a member of a minority community
The PMAGY is a rural development initiative that strives to empower the poorest members of society.
The Indian Central Government launched this initiative in the fiscal year 2009-10. It reports to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment as a subordinate ministry.
The purpose of this initiative is to transform our country’s villages into model communities with physical and social infrastructure that promotes socio-economic advancement.
It strives to close the gap between SCs and other communities in terms of literacy rates, infant/maternal death rates, primary school completion rates, and ownership of productive assets.
This plan aims to create villages with a large proportion (above 50%) of inhabitants belonging to scheduled castes.
A significant social welfare project was launched by the Indian government in 2015. This program’s major objective is to provide affordable housing to the lowest segments of society, including the urban poor, rural poor, and those from lower-income categories.
This initiative intends to build about 20 million affordable homes by 31 March 2022.
The economically disadvantaged parts of society, including low-income groups, middle-income groups, and slum residents, will benefit from this ‘Housing for All Scheme.’
How to apply
Applicants for the PMAY system can submit their applications online through the official PMAY website, which is divided into two categories: ‘For Slum Dwellers’ and ‘Benefit Under Other 3 Components’.
The steps to take in order to submit an online application are outlined below.
- To register, go to http://pmaymis.gov.in/Select ‘MIS LOGIN’. Create an account with a username and password.
- Choose a Category: Select ‘Citizen Assessment’ from the website’s menu. Once the category is clicked, a drop-down list displays. Proceed to the next page by selecting ‘For Slum Dwellers’ or ‘Benefit under other three components’.
- Verify the Aadhaar/Virtual ID number’s existence: Enter your Aadhaar or VID number and your name (as given in Aadhaar). Consent for Aadhaar Authentication: Read the consent and click on the box provided below. Now, click ‘Check’ to go to the next page.
- Complete the form: After confirming the existence of Aadhaar/Virtual ID No., the PMAY Application form will appear. Complete the form with the essential information.
- Save the process: Once you’ve entered all of the required information, read the disclaimer and click on the appropriate box. Fill in the ‘Captcha’ and click ‘Save’.
If you are having problems submitting online or wish to submit your application offline, the methods outlined below can assist you.
- Proceed to the State or Union Territory Government’s nearest Common Service Centre (CSC). Additionally, you may visit any bank that participates in the PMAY program.
- Collect and complete a Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application form.
- Submit the completed form, along with any relevant verification, to the appropriate Common Service Center or bank.
You will be charged a cost of INR 25 plus GST if you choose the offline application option.
The Rural Housing Program began in January 1996 as a stand-alone initiative under the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY).
While the IAY addressed rural housing requirements, certain shortcomings were discovered during audits and assessments conducted in 2014 by India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
To address shortcomings in the Rural Housing Programme, the Government reorganized the IAY into the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMAY G), in line with the Government’s objective to achieve “Housing for All” by 2022.
From 1st April 2016, the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin came into force.
By 2020, the PMAGY intends to offer pucca dwellings equipped with basic utilities to all households now residing in decrepit or kutcha houses, as well as to houseless families.
The program aims to create 2.95 crore dwellings by 2021-22 in order to achieve the objective of “Housing for All.”
The scheme’s immediate aim is to cover one crore households that live in kutcha homes or decrepit dwellings during a three-year period, from 2016-17 to 2018-19.
It will enable recipients to construct high-quality homes utilizing locally sourced materials, qualified masons, and innovative designs.
How to Register
Individuals who satisfy the scheme’s eligibility requirements may register as beneficiaries. Individuals, on the other hand, cannot register directly. The Gram Panchayat or ward member accountable for him should add him as a beneficiary.
Individuals interested in enrolling in this scheme must contact their Gram Panchayat or ward member. The authorities will convey the specifics of the PMAY-G application to the individual.
Following that, the individual must complete the application form available at the Gram Panchayats. The Government will evaluate both applicants and those selected by the authorities.
The Government will finalize the list of beneficiaries for this project after it is verified by the Grama Sabha.
Fill out the form after logging into the PMAY-G website. |http://www.iay.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx
(PMAY G Website – Awaassoft – Data Entry)
This form contains four sections: personal information registration, bank account information, convergence information, and information from the concerned office, all of which are presented in a systematic manner.
- Section 1 – To add beneficiary registration information, pick the panchayat and social category of the recipient. A self-generated “search” button will appear on this option, displaying a list of the selected household.
- After pressing the “search” button, a list of associated beneficiary names, PMAY IDs, and priority levels will emerge, from which the user can select the beneficiary to register.
- Once a household is selected from the list, the Household Name, Religion, and Beneficiary details are automatically filled in, and the user can select the beneficiary from the family member details as well as the remaining beneficiary details.
- Section 2 – To add the beneficiary’s bank account information, the following elements are necessary.
- Bank Type
- Bank Name
- Branch Name
- Bank Account Number
- Beneficiary Name as it appears on the bank account
- Beneficiary’s desire to obtain a loan (if it is Yes; Loan Amount can be between Rs.10000 to Rs.70000)
- Section 3 – The following information is required in this section of the beneficiary registration process.
- The Beneficiary’s MGNREGA Job Card Number.
- SBM (Swachh Bharat Mission) Beneficiary Identification Number.
- Section 4 – This section must be completed by the responsible office and includes the following parameters.
- Is the Beneficiary interested in enrolling in Masonic Training? (By default it is ‘Yes’)
- Is the Beneficiary interested in utilizing a regionally created house design typology? (By default it is ‘Yes’)
PMJDY is a countrywide initiative started by the Indian government in August 2014 to promote financial inclusion for all individuals in India who do not have a bank account.
This plan seeks to provide all citizens with inexpensive access to financial services, including banking, savings and deposit accounts, remittance, credit, insurance, and pensions.
According to Ministry of Finance statistics, around 4 crore bank accounts were established under this initiative as of September 2014.
Individuals may consider opening an account with any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitra) outlet under this plan.
Additionally, accounts established under PMJDY may be opened with a balance of zero. However, if an account holder desires to obtain a checkbook, he or she must meet certain minimum balance requirements.
Account-holders who enroll in this plan will receive a RuPay debit card that may be used at any ATM to withdraw cash.
How to apply
- To open an account, you must download the application form in PDF format (available in Hindi and English) from the scheme’s official website. You may select a file in either language at your discretion.
- The downloaded form requires you to provide the bank’s name and routing number. Additionally, change the bank branch, village and town names, block/sub-district names, district and state names, ward number/SSA code, village code, and town code.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, residence, occupation, Aadhaar number, annual income, family members’ current bank accounts, and facts about your Kisan credit card. Additionally, you should click the box to acquire a Rupay debit card.
- Following that, you should complete the nomination form and submit it to the nearest bank branch.
- You need to ensure that the form is completely filled out. If you have any questions, you may contact bank representatives for clarification prior to submitting the form.
Along with the application form, you will be asked to submit the following documents to be eligible for this scheme’s benefits:
- Ration card – Voter identification card
- A valid PAN card
- Any evidence of permanent/temporary address, such as an electric bill, water bill, or gas connection bill.
- Aadhaar card – Government-issued photo identification – Any further documents sought by the bank
PMJJBY is a government-supported life insurance plan. It was announced during the 2015 fiscal year’s budget process.
The one-year term life insurance policy is renewed year after year, providing coverage in the event of sudden death.
For a low annual premium of Rs.330, it offers coverage of Rs.2 lakh in the event of the policyholder’s untimely mortality.
This is a pure insurance program with no investment component. The plan is offered by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and other insurers willing to collaborate with banks to offer the product on comparable conditions.
Everyone with a savings bank account between the ages of 18 and 50 who meets the eligibility requirements can take part in the plan.
The program allows participants to enroll in the program using any one of their bank accounts, regardless of how many they have.
Joint account holders have the authority to enroll in the plan on behalf of all other joint account holders if they are joint account holders. This card must be linked to an account in order to function properly.
How to apply
PMJJBY can be enrolled in using any of the following methods.
Visiting the Bank
- The nominee should contact the bank where the member previously had a “Savings Bank Account.”
- To apply for the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, either download the subscriber registration form or request the document from your bank
- To apply for this plan, you must complete a form with your name, saving bank account number, email address, and address
- Log in to NetBanking and select the ‘Insurance’ page.
- Select a payment method for the premiums
- The insurance cover amount, premium amount, and nominee details (as applicable to the selected payment method) will be presented
- Click ‘Confirm’ to activate the policy
- Download the Acknowledgement and unique reference number for future reference
It was formed in 2015 as part of the PMKVY program, which was launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
According to this approach, Indian youngsters would receive industry-relevant skill training to enable them to make a better living and increase their prospects of entering the workforce in the future.
Individuals who participate in the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program and who have pre-existing skill sets may have their abilities evaluated and a certificate awarded as a consequence of their efforts.
Jobless adolescents with a valid ID and bank account, as well as those who have dropped out of high school or college, can take advantage of these possibilities for skill development and employment prospects.
How to register
To take advantage of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna’s benefits, interested and eligible individuals must register online.
To enroll in this scheme and receive free training in a variety of technical and non-technical fields, candidates must complete the requirements below;
- Applicants must apply online through the PMKVY’s official website in order to receive training. The website’s direct link is as follows: http://pmkvyofficial.org.
- The applicant will be required to input basic information about themselves on the webpage, such as their names, email addresses, education, and address.
- Following that, the candidate must select the PMKVY course they wish to follow. The candidate may select from 40 different categories, including construction, electronics, food and processing, furniture, and gems, and jewelry.
- Finally, you must choose a training center based on its feasibility. Candidates may also visit the training center to obtain additional information about the course’s schedule and duration.
Women aged 19 and older who are pregnant or breastfeeding their first child are eligible to receive a direct cash benefit through this program, formerly known as the Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana.
The Ministry of Mothers and Child Development is responsible for the efficient implementation and administration of this social support program for pregnant women.
At the moment, the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana is available to all pregnant women and nursing mothers, save those who are government employees or are eligible for benefits under another piece of legislation.
On the other hand, this program is only open to women who began their pregnancies after January 1, 2017.
How to apply
Log in to https://pmmvy-cas.nic.in using the approved health facility’s login credentials.
- Access to the Beneficiary Registration Form (Application Form 1A) will be via the “New Beneficiary” tab and must be completed in accordance with the User Manual.
- Once filled out and submitted, Application Form 1A entitles the applicant to the scheme’s initial payment.
- After six months, the applicant must log in again, navigate to the “Second Instalment” page, and complete Form 1B in accordance with the instructions in the User Manual.
- To receive the last installment, the applicant must log in again and complete Form 1C under the “Third Instalment” page as usual, following the instructions in the User Manual.
Documents Required Applying
- Copy of the Mother and Child Protection Card (MCP).
- Copy of the Identity Proof of the beneficiary and her husband.
- Copy of Bank Account/Post Office Account Passbook.
Accident death and disability coverage are provided for a period of one year under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), a government-sponsored social security program that may be renewed on an annual basis.
A new social security program, the PMSBY, was introduced by the government in the 2015 union budget as one of three new social security programs.
Aside from these two programs, the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) and the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) are two more government-sponsored pension schemes (PMJJBY).
PMSBY is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 70 who have a bank account but do not have a joint or joint and several accounts are eligible to participate in the program.
In the event that an individual has multiple bank accounts with different financial institutions, he or she may participate in the program by utilizing just one of those accounts.
When there are many joint account holders, the plan is made available to all of the account holders.
NRIs are welcome to participate in the plan; but, if a claim is approved, the beneficiary or nominee will only receive payment in Indian rupees if the claim is successful.
How to apply
The scheme is offered and operated in partnership with participating banks by Public Sector General Insurance Providers (PSGICs) and other general insurance companies.
Individuals may register by contacting a linked bank or insurance firm, or by downloading the form from the Government website at https://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMSBY.aspx.
Banks that are participating in the scheme are accepting applications via SMS or net banking. Individuals must submit the paperwork along with their Aadhar card.
The steps for enrolling in the scheme are as follows:
- An SMS will be sent to the individual confirming their registration.
- The recipient of the SMS must respond with the phrase ‘PMSBY Y’.
- Notification will be sent to the recipient of the acknowledgment message.
- Your request will be processed by the Bank using the information contained in your savings account.
- Access your online banking account by logging in.
- Choose Your Insurance.
- Select the account from which the premium will be deducted.
- Confirm and validate the information.
- Retain the receipt and jot down the reference number on it.
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a government-sponsored social welfare program that was established on May 1, 2016.
A plan run by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to provide LPG connections to women who live in households that fall below the poverty line (BPL) has been implemented.
In accordance with this program, women living below the poverty line can obtain LPG connections at a reduced fee.
Providing LPG connections to the whole country and benefiting around five crore families, this initiative aspires to create a smoke-free rural India.
Generally, any adult woman from a low-income family who does not have an LPG connection in her home is deemed to be an eligible recipient under this plan.
The Finance Minister, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announced the extension of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to cover one crore more households during the Union budget 2021
How to apply
- The first step in applying for PMUY is to verify the eligibility requirements and your eligibility to participate in this scheme.
- The candidate must be a woman over the age of 18 who is in possession of an Aadhar card.
- Applicants must possess a BPL card and be rural residents.
- To qualify for the subsidy, the applicant must hold a savings bank account with one of the nationalized banks.
- The applicant’s household cannot already be connected to LPG.
If eligible, visit the Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana’s official website at https://pmuy.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click the button labeled “Download Form.”
- Download and print the Ujjwala Application Form and KYC Form.
- Now, complete the essential information (including your name, father/name, husband’s date of birth, Aadhar card number, mobile number, and address, among others) and attach any necessary papers.
- Submit it to the nearest LPG center and, additionally, attach all supporting documents (BPL card, Aadhaar card, mobile number, passport-size photo, age certificate, photocopy of bank details, photocopy of ration card, etc.) along with the information.
Now that the certificate has been confirmed, the government will make LPG gas connections available.
The Svamitva Yojana seeks to offer rural India a comprehensive property certification solution. The government creates and issues a property card for each residence in the hamlet under this program.
On 11 October 2020, the Honorable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas’ (SVAMITVA) initiative.
Rural residents who qualify will get ownership records for their property, which will serve as proof of ownership.
Rural residents who use populated land on or after 25 September 2018 will be assigned that particular land and will be entitled to get land ownership records for that land.
Villagers will receive ownership certificates and possession records for their property.
The applicant seeking ownership of land records must possess an Aadhar card and a mobile phone associated with Aadhar.
How to apply
- Visit “egramswaraj” official website
- On the Home Page, click the button labeled ‘New User Registration.’
- On the screen, the Registration Form page will appear.
- Complete the application form with basic information such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as land-related information.
- Double-check all of the information and submit the online application form.
- The registration process concludes with the applicant receiving an application number.
Through the use of low-cost LEDs, this strategy was essential in enabling the country’s vast base of price-sensitive consumers to acquire LED lighting systems.
LEDs have been nicknamed the “Prakash Route” because of popular confidence in their efficacy, which translates as “path to light.”
The Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All initiative, announced by the Indian government in 2015, aims to provide affordable LEDs and appliances to all Indians.
A joint venture of four Public Sector Undertakings under the Ministry of Power is responsible for putting this plan into action.
This strategy is being implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited. Clients that are price sensitive might benefit from this program by receiving a discount on LEDs.
This initiative encourages the adoption of LED-powered equipment in many types of settings, including the home.
Because of the huge number of price-sensitive clients in the nation, this initiative is essential in ensuring that LEDs can be purchased at a fair price.
Providing that they have a metered connection with their local Electricity Distribution Company, any residential household in the country is entitled to take advantage of the benefits of this plan.
How to apply
Every domestic family that has a metered connection with their individual Electricity Distribution Company is eligible to participate in the UJALA Scheme.
Special counters/kiosks will be established in selected spots throughout the city to ease the distribution of LEDs under this plan.
For the convenience of clients, the locations of these unique counters/kiosks can be accessed from the website www.ujala.gov.in.
To be eligible for benefits under the UJALA Scheme, the following documents must be submitted:-
- A copy of the most recent electricity bill.
- A photocopy of your identification.
- A photocopy of your proof of residence.
Payments can be made in EMIs or in full upfront; both options are available.
DISCLAIMER – We have attempted to summarise and consolidate information from the various websites to make it easy for you to avail the benefits. Before applying kindly visit the Government portal to check if any changes are made.