India is not an acronym and doesn’t have a full form. India is a country in South Asia, the 7th largest country by its area, and the second-largest populated country globally.
Surrounded by the Indian Ocean to the south and the Arabian Sea to the southwest, the Bay of Bengal on the southeast and having land borders with countries which include Pakistan to the west, Nepal, and Buthan on the north, and Bangladesh and Myanmar to its east.
‘India‘ has derived its name from the River Indus. The valleys around River Indus were the homes of the early settlers.
The name of Sindhu referred to the River Indus. India is also called ‘Bharat’ or ‘Hindustan.’
India is the land of different festivals, cultures, traditions, religions, and languages – India is truly diverse.
There is no full form for India, but over the internet, you will see some interesting full form that looks like:
- I: Independent
- N: National
- D: Democratic
- I: Intelligent
- A: Area
India was considered a ‘Golden Bird’ in pages of world history, a land with a kaleidoscope of cultures, diversity, and beauty.
One of the oldest civilizations globally, India is also geographically diverse with the highest mountain ranges, fragile ecosystems, rare species of flora and fauna, etc.
India is a treasure trove of wonders with 28 states, 8 Union Territories, more than 400 languages, and innumerable cultures.
The history of this country dates back to a mysterious civilization followed by various magnificent, powerful rulers ruling the land.
Then followed a long struggle for freedom from the shackles of foreign rule. Indian history is diverse, just like the country itself.
Brief about INDIA
India is also known as Bharat or Hindustan. It’s the 7th Largest country in the world and has the second largest population after China. Hindi is the official language and is written in Devanagari scripts. It has 28 states and 8 union territories.
- Chess, Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus are all origins of India
- ‘Decimal’ and ‘Place Value’ were invented in India in the year 100 B.C. Without this, the world would have never reached the moon.
- India is one of the oldest civilizations and has the largest Democracy in the world.
- India has the largest number of Post offices in the world. These reach the most remote parts of India and serve billions of People.
- Ayurveda which is around 2500 years old originated from India
- Martial Arts was first practiced in India. The olden form of this art is still practiced in modern India.
- Yoga which is now recognized Globally, originated in India some 5000 years ago.
- There are 121 languages and around 270 mother tongues in India.
- India is considered the 2nd largest English-speaking nation in the world. The US is 1st.
- India ranks 1st in the world, with 38% of its total population being vegetarian.
Conclusion – For those not from India, ‘INDIA’ appears to have a full form or abbreviation. This article aims at clarifying the doubt that INDIA is the name of this Incredible country and has no full form. India has a rich history starting from the Indus Vally civilization between 3300 BC to 1300 BC to modern India.